I love breakfast. It sets the mood for the entire day. When I woke this morning I asked Pauline what she would like for breakfast. Some fruit and maybe an egg. Hum I thought, me thinks I can do better than that.
Unfortunately, my arthritis was acting up and did not have the dexterity to make a video this morning, So, you will have to settle for pics.
The What ( for 2)
- 1 apple
- 1/4 lbs butter
- 3 tbs sugar
- 1 ½ once Rum
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 1 banana
- 1 tbs baking powder
- ½ cup milk (more or less)
- Heat oven to 190F. Yes I said 190
- Core and cut apple into 16 segments. I use one of the apple tools, but the segmens are too big, so I cut each in half.
- Put Butter in pan and heat till it just starts to brown
- Add apples to pan
- Add sugar to pan and stir occasionally so the apples cook evenly.
- Lower heat to low.
- Add banana, egg, flour & yogurt to blender, blend to 15 seconds
- Add half the milk and blend for 15 seconds
- Check consistency of batter should be likeheavy cream.
- Add more milk a little at a time and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Add baking powder and blend
- Heat pan to medium high swirl in 1 tbs butter
- Pour batter into pan to form one large pancake
- Heat until you can see the top drying out and bubble forming.
- Flip and cook 30 seconds on other side.
- Put Pancakeon a plate in the oven to keep warm
- Repeat Steps 13-16 to make another pancake.
- Turn heat up on apples to medium high.
- Add rum and stir. If you r in the mood put a match to it and flambé the apples
- Dissolve a tbsp of cornstarch into ½ cup of water and add to apples and stir until sauce thickens.
- Plate a pancake and place apples on pancake in a spoke pattern
- Spoon on sauce and serve!