I had a weird fall a week ago. It took a while, but I finally got x-rayed today to discover that beyond a torn ligament or two, I also fractured my fibula, just above my ankle.
Since hopping around on one foot impeded me from taking pics while i cooked, i have been remiss in posting new recipes.
Since I’m going under the knife tomorrow morning, I allowed Pauline to cook me, under my direction, what might be my last meal.
Buttermilk, panko chicken thighs.
Update: I survived both th meal and the surgery.
- Preheat over to 400 F
- Place chicken and buttermilk in a ziplock bag and marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Place panko and spices on a plate, mix well
- Remove a thigh from bag, still dripping wet and dip in panko mixture coating both sides
- Repeat with each thigh
- Brush foiled baking sheet with oil
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes the reduce heat to 350 F and bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake another 15 minutes
- Plate and serve with your favorite veggies.
Guy going under