There is a lot going on in this segment. If you plan to serve these dishes with wild rice, start with that first, at least 1.5 hours before taking on the rest. You can set it aside to drain while preparing the rest of the meal.
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- ½ shallot
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup dry white wine like Sauvignon Blanc.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 piece of salmon skin off
- Chop carrot, celery and shallot and transfer to pot
- Add water, wine, salt & pepper to pot and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes, covered.
- Slice lemon reserve 2-3 slices for garnish
- Add 2-3 slices to pot and continue simmering for 2-3 minutes, covered.
- Add salmon to pot, cover and simmer 3-6 minutes depending on how well you like it cooked
- Garnish with lemon slices and serve with wild rice (below) and Asparagus
- Put 1/2 cup of wid rice in a pot.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Cover and let stand for 1 hour
- Drain rice in a colander
10 minutes before serving:
- Add 2 tbs butter to a pan and heat pan (medium)
- Add rice to pan stirring frequently to dry out rice and to absorb butter (5-7 minutes)
- 4 Large Shrimp
- 1 large potato, or 4 baby potatoes
- ½ shallot
- 3 inch piece of red pepper
- 1 inch ginger root
- Handful of fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup panko
- 2 lemon slices
- Shred Potato intio a bowl and squeeze out excess water
- Chop 2 shrimp into ¼ inch pieces and add to bowl, reserve the other two.
- Slice ginger, shallot and red pepper into fine strips and add to bowl
- Chop cilantro coarsely and add to bowl
- Slat & pepper to taste
- Add flour and egg and mix together
- Put 1 tbs of panko on cutting board
- Place a ring form over panko
- Place 1 Shrimp in the ring
- Stuff ring with potato mixture
- Top with panko and press down with a spoon or espresso coffee tamper.
- Repeat Steps 7-8
- Place cake in fridge for 20 minutes
- Heat 2 tbs of coconut oil in a pan (medium high)
- Place cakes in pan cook for 3-4 minutes on each side lower heat to medium and continue cooking for 2 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with a lemon slice