This s a quick and easy lunch. I like my lentil soup on the thick side with lots of yummy bits. You can purée it if you prefer.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ onion
- ¼ inch slice of back bacon or ham
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 celery stick
- 1 dab of Better than Bouillon (chicken) or 1 cube chicken stock
- ½ to 1 cup of lentils, more if you like thick less otherwise
- 2 cups of water
- Set instant pot to sautḗ or pressure cooker to medium high
- Add 1 tbs olive oil to pot
- Chop onion and add to pot and stir
- Cut back bacon into ¼ inch cubes and add to pot and stir
- Chop tomatoes and celery and add to pot. Stir
- Add water to pot
- Add lentils to pot
- And bouillon to pot and stir
- Set instant pot to Pressure Cook high for 20 minutes. Take pressure cooker of element if using.
- Use natural release method or release pressure after 10 minutes.
- Purḗe if you so desire
- Serve and Enjoy