Pauline loves curry, I love Naan. t’was a marriage made in heaven!
Got some special recipes you would like to share?
Email them to me, and I might even give you credit:)
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup warm water
- ½ tbs sugar
- 1 tbs dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs yogurt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Put 1 cup of flour in food processor, make an indentation with a spoon in the flour.
- Pour water, sugar and yeast into indentation and let the yeast work for 5-10 minutes until it has foamed and you can see lots of bubbles.
- Add egg, oil and yogurt and process.
- Feed flour into the food processor a tbs at a time until a ball is formed. The ball will be sticky. Add more flour to the ball and plot into a bowl.
- Cover bowl with wrap and place in a warn draft free place for 1 to 1.5 hours until it has doubled in size. I use the proof setting of my oven. If your oven does not have a proof setting turn on so it’s starst to pre-heat and turn it off after a minute. It should be just warmish.
- Remove dough from bowl onto a floured surface. Add a bit more flour so you can handle it.
- Divide the dough in two and flatten each piece.
- Brush melted butter on a flat non-stick pan, set burner to medium high.
- Place one piece of douigh on pan and let cook for 2-3 minutes until in has risen then flip to the other sire. Brush the done side with butter and cook for another minute or so. Naan should be nice and golden of both sides.
- Set aside and repeat steps 8 and 9 with next piece of dough.
Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 shallot
- 1 inch ginger root
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- Fresh Cilantro
- Peel and chop shallot into small pieces
- Peel and chop ginger into small pieces
- Slice red pepper into long thin strips
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes
- Add 2 tbs coconut oil to pan and heat to medium high
- Add shallot and ginger to pan and fry until shallots are translucent
- Put chicken in bolw and toss in 2 tbs curry powder and 1 pinch cayenne and toss to coat.
- Add chicken to pan and brown 2-3 minutes
- Add red pepper to pan and fry 1 minutes
- Add 1 can of coconut milk to pan and stir
- Add 1 tbs of peanut butter (optional) to pan and stir
- Reduce heat to low boil and continue cooking 6-8 minutes until sauce has thicken to your liking and chicken is cooked though.
- Plate and garnish with cilantro