My friend Denyse who is following this post, asked me when we Zoomed (https://zoom.us) last night:
“Why aren’t you adding how to videos to your recipes? I want to see how its done!”.
Because, I thought, it’ would be a hassle to do video yourself and cook at the same time. I was right! I did try to video this recipe but I screwed up the first two segments (the importatnt ones), turning the camera off instead of on ect. but I did get the last two segments right. So I’m batting 500, great for a baseball, not so good for a video producer.
I have added my feeble attempt to the bottom of this recipe for your entertainment. I’m sure you’ll get a good laugh out of it, especially my friend Traver who is a real video producer.😊
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 apple
- 2 breakfast sausages
- tsp sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup flour
- 10 ounces milk
- Pinch salt
- tsp vanilla
- tbsp baking powder
- Core apple and cut it into 8 segmenst
- Cut each sausage into 3 pieces
- Preheat over to 450f. I turn the oven on before my morning ablutions so it’s ready to go when I am.
- Butter two small oblong or circular baking dishes that can hold 2 cups.
- Arrange 3 apples sections and 3 sausage pieces in dish in an alternating pattern, if you are using a round dish arrange in alternating spokes. Reserve 2 apple sections.
- Place dishes on cookie tray and put tray in middle section of the over. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Eat the remaining sections of apples as a snack. You deserve it.
- After about 9 minutes of baking (step 4) Add egg, flour, milk, salt, vanilla and baking powder to a bwl. Beat until smooth and transfer batter to a large (2 -4cup) measuring cup.
- Remove tray from oven, sprinkle a tbs of sugar over the apples and sausages and pour batter into each dish leaving a bit of room for expansion.
- Return to oven and reset heat to 425f and bake for 20 minutes.
That’s It! Enjoy